Why You Should Be Posting Videos On Youtube
By Summer Nowak
Youtube lets billions of people from around the world watch and share videos posted by various users. It lets people connect and acts as a distributor for original content creators as well as advertisers. Here are some reasons as to why you should be using Youtube to distribute content for your business.
1. It is the second largest search engine
After Google, Youtube is the second largest search engine on the web. It is bigger than Bing, Yahoo, Ask and AOL combined. Having content posted where people are already looking just makes sense.
2. It’s in the numbers
Over 1.3 billion people use Youtube and there are almost 5 billion videos that are watched each day.
- There are 3.25 billion hours of video watched each month on Youtube
- More than half of Youtube views come from mobile devices
- On mobile alone, Youtube reaches more 18-49 year olds than any broadcast or cable TV network
- 46% of users take some sort of action after viewing an ad
- Video and email marketing can increase click-through rates by more than 90%
- Having video on the landing page of your site makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of Google
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text
- 90% of users say that seeing a video about a product is helpful in the decision process
3. You can embed Youtube videos wherever you wish
You can easily embed Youtube videos pretty much anywhere on the web. Whether it be your blog, social media or your website. It’s so easy to share content with your consumers!
4. You can make the interaction between the buyer and the seller more real
By giving your business a face and personality so buyers can actually see whom they are going to be dealing with, it creates a larger emotional attachment/connection to your brand.
5. Google owns Youtube
When it comes to SEO, posting on any medium owned by Google is the best choice. Make sure you fully complete your online profile and always add the URL of your website. Label all of your videos properly and always add relevant terms having to do with your business. The more content you post, the more it boosts your creditability with Google, which, in turn, gives you better SEO results. It is 50x easier to achieve a page 1 ranking on Google with a video.
Categories: Social media